Certification pursuant to rule 154-bis, paragraph 5 of the Legislative Decree No. 58/1998 (Testo Unico della Finanza)
- The undersigned Paolo Scaroni and Massimo Mondazzi, in their quality as Chief Executive Officer and manager responsible for the preparation of financial reports of Eni, respectively, also pursuant to rule 154-bis, paragraphs 3 and 4 of Legislative Decree No. 58 of February 24, 1998, certify that internal controls over financial reporting in place for the preparation of the Annual Report as of December 31, 2013 and during the period covered by the report, were:
- adequate to the Company structure, and
- effectively applied during the process of preparation of the report.
- This 2013 consolidated Annual Report:
- was prepared in accordance with the evaluation and measurement criteria adopted by the European Commission according European Regulation (CE) No. 1606/2002 of the European Parliament and European Council of July 19, 2002;
- corresponds to the Company’s evidence and accounting books and entries;
- fairly represents the financial condition, results of operations and cash flows of the parent company and the Group consolidated companies as of, and for, the period presented in this report.
- The operating and financial review provides a reliable analysis of business trends and results, including trend analysis of the parent company and the Group companies, as well as a description of the main risks and uncertainties.
March 17, 2014
/s/ Paolo Scaroni
Chief Executive Officer
/s/ Massimo Mondazzi
Chief Financial Officer